Friday, February 4, 2011

Hello World!


This blog will eventually contain (I hope) many reviews of Science Fiction and Fantasy novels.  Right now, of course, it contains absolutely nothing.

I am participating in two fantastic book clubs, the Women of Science Fiction and the Women of Fantasy, for 2011.  January's books have already been pretty thoroughly discussed, so I won't add any reviews here.

For February, the selections are Ursula K. Le Guin's The Dispossessed, and Freda Warrington's Elfland. If you haven't read The Dispossessed,  I recommend it. I would be re-reading it now, if I hadn't misplaced my copy on another continent.  I am currently working my way through the Warrington book, and I intend to review it on the last day of this month.

Other books I am currently reading include Neal Stephenson's The Diamond Age, Kim Stanley Robinson's Red Mars, and China Miéville's The City and the City. There are also a number of books that I have not yet started to read, but will begin in the relatively near future.  All of these are listed below.

To Sum Up

Books Which Will be Reviewed Soon:

  • Elfland, by Freda Warrington
  • The Diamond Age, by Neal Stephenson
  • Red Mars, by Kim Stanley Robinson
  • The City and the City, by China Miéville
Books I Will Probably Read Soon:
  • Gateway, by Frederik Pohl
  • The Yiddish Policeman's Union, by Michael Chabon
  • Prospero Lost, by  L. Jagi Lamplighter
  • Darkship Thieves, by Sarah Hoyt
  • Stations of the Tide, by Michael Swanwick 

No comments:

Post a Comment